Random Thought Thread v2.0

JohnC

11 hours ago, JohnC said:

It’s about the bottom line, not politics for me.

When I seen I could literally pay the car note with the savings from gasoline, oil changes, etc., and gain a more reliable nearly maintenance free vehicle that I don’t even need to stop for gas (saves time — charge at home while you sleep), it was a no brainer. 

Now add this car will knock off 11 sec 1/4 mile ET’s all day, makes it a fun AWD car to daily that isn’t breaking valve train, breaking transmissions, leaking oil, over heating in summer heat and traffic, etc.

The Model 3 Performance is as fast as  my Camaro SS was with heads, cam and valve train, DoD delete, CAI, injectors, fuel pump, flex fuel sensor, full kooks 3in exhaust with Kooks LT’s,  3400 stall converter, tune., etc. 

We bought our Y when Trump was still in office. I have been amazed to watch the disdain for EVs that is mostly political. Nobody said a word when we first bought it now I don't really even care to drive it due to perception. Unless we are going as a family I usually take my tahoe.

We have saved a ton of money compared to her old G37 coupe she had before the Y. Between the premium and mileage it really does start to pay for itself. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ashley P said:

That's great!   When I was at the Toyota dealer, a hybrid had a coolant leak and it ruined the "transformer" or something.   The parts/labor estimate totalled the car.

Cars and parts fail. No matter what model or make. Cadillac XLR tail lights failing will total the car out too. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ashley P said:

Put a Tesla on an Eddy current dynamometer, use the electricity produced during a pull to power the Tesla motors.  Purr pet you all  mow shun!  (I bet 75% of Americans would believe that.)

1/4 mile ET's don't lie.

The Tesla Model 3 Performance is "sporty"!

Sure it's sporty.   And....this country is NOT ready for EVs.   Some cities have had brownouts and such BEFORE EVs and before so much restriction on fossil fuel power generation.

I may be crazy.  Or I may be the canary in the coal mine.  Either way I've got a guy trying to take MY farm out of FOOD production.  

Buying a household generator is fine.   But what sense does it make if the EVs are part of the problem of electricity unavailability?   That's a big IF.  And I'll bet that the "leftist" communities will see the problem before we will.

2 hours ago, RaceAll said:

On the subject of electrified vs gas powered products, does anybody have experience with an electric pressure washer. I just picked up a 2100 psi for $70. 

My mom bought some cheapy electric one and it sucked.

I got a Dewalt with Honda motor and it works real good! 

I don't mean any disrespect to a Tesla car.  And I'm all about some efficient transportation.

So, how many "WOT" 1/4 passes will a Tesla provide before it slows down?   If my 1975 tech TransAm runs 12.1 as long as the 16 gallon tank has gas, can I outlast a Tesla running back to back, best of 39 passes?

13 hours ago, mstrpth said:

They'll have to bump up charge times significantly before i'll even consider an electric car.

I prefer the peace of mind knowing i can go anywhere at anytime.

Kind of like having 4x4 in the south.... 

And that’s why you diversify your transportation. 

I’ll daily the Tesla since I can charge it at home while I sleep for l$7 a recharge — which a full battery is just over 300 miles range. 

If I want to go farther in less time, I can take one of the gas vehicles.

10 hours ago, JohnC said:

And that’s why you diversify your transportation. 

I’ll daily the Tesla since I can charge it at home while I sleep for l$7 a recharge — which a full battery is just over 300 miles range. 

If I want to go farther in less time, I can take one of the gas vehicles.

So i need at least 3 vehicles with one just sitting there as a just in case? Pass

Now i'm not saying having an extra vehicle is bad, but having one just incase my main fails to charge seems crazy to me.