Random Thought Thread v2.0

JohnC

Hope you mend soon.   I recommend NOT sitting around, but staying active.  Vitamin D also.  I took Ivermectin (since we had some for the horse).   We all had it August of 21 and haven't thought about it since, even though there are people around here still getting it (again in some cases).

On 6/15/2022 at 9:05 PM, Kevin said:

Power Tour is car and truck overload.  I've seen some awesome cars and trucks and met some really awesome people.  The LaQuinta Inn in Hoover, AL is not so awesome.  On to Pensecola tomorrow.

We had no idea but we were in Navarre Beach and went to Pensacola when it came through. We went with my wife's cousin, wife, and his kid so we got to check out a few cars near the restaurant we ate at. Started seeing all of the cars and knew something was going on. He's the one who helped get my V1 back on the road so it was a nice bonus to the beach trip. 

6 hours ago, Ashley P said:

Hope you mend soon.   I recommend NOT sitting around, but staying active.  Vitamin D also.  I took Ivermectin (since we had some for the horse).   We all had it August of 21 and haven't thought about it since, even though there are people around here still getting it (again in some cases).

I’m still working from which is a plus, but not being at work is driving me nuts. Plus I think Karen is about to make sure I go back to work this week😂😂😂

Had to do a use of force at work at 2032 hours yesterday.

Made a non-compliant clown compliant. 

The sucky part, once wrestled to the ground, we tased him as he wouldn't stop resisting and fighting.

So being he can use stuff as a weapon, I told my fellow officer to pull the taser dart out of his back shoulder.

In the process of him yanking it out and while I was still holding this clown down on the ground against the wall, he scratched me across the left forearm about 3 inches with the dart.

So I spent the first half of my day off this morning in Vanderbilt ER getting blood work done, shots / meds just in case he had something.

Medical staff told me he had Hepatitis in the past, but that was the curable type and he was clean of everything now.

Still, I took no chances. 

So how was your day? 😐

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, JohnC said:

Had to do a use of force at work at 2032 hours yesterday.

Made a non-compliant clown compliant. 

The sucky part, once wrestled to the ground, we tased him as he wouldn't stop resisting and fighting.

So being he can use stuff as a weapon, I told my fellow officer to pull the taser dart out of his back shoulder.

In the process of him yanking it out and while I was still holding this clown down on the ground against the wall, he scratched me across the left forearm about 3 inches with the dart.

So I spent the first half of my day off this morning in Vanderbilt ER getting blood work done, shots / meds just in case he had something.

Medical staff told me he had Hepatitis in the past, but that was the curable type and he was clean of everything now.

Still, I took no chances. 

So how was your day? 😐

Dang, son!!!

2 hours ago, RaceAll said:

For some reason, I thought you did IT in the prison.  I didn't realize you were a guard.

Yeah, I switched gears. I gave up on IT a good while back. Too many people with the same skills / degree in IT and too few jobs in IT here in TN.

My wife has a masters in IT and never did it professionally as a full time job at a private company or for Govt. She only did  it freelance for a while; she did custom stuff, but got tired of that.

She graduated during the tanked economy and couldn’t find full time IT work, so she ended up giving up and doing something else.

It was a total waste of time and money getting a masters in IT for us. We’ve not benefited from it at all.

I make a good living doing what I do now (over a $100k a year) and I’ll never be laid off or have to worry about the ups and downs in the economy in my career. Job security is good. Most can’t do it and quit within a few months. That and I like doing it as weird as it sounds.

8 hours ago, JohnC said:

Yeah, I switched gears. I gave up on IT a good while back. Too many people with the same skills / degree in IT and too few jobs in IT here in TN.

My wife has a masters in IT and never did it professionally as a full time job at a private company or for Govt. She only did  it freelance for a while; she did custom stuff, but got tired of that.

She graduated during the tanked economy and couldn’t find full time IT work, so she ended up giving up and doing something else.

It was a total waste of time and money getting a masters in IT for us. We’ve not benefited from it at all.

I make a good living doing what I do now (over a $100k a year) and I’ll never be laid off or have to worry about the ups and downs in the economy in my career. Job security is good. Most can’t do it and quit within a few months. That and I like doing it as weird as it sounds.

If you found it and like it that’s all that matters. With risk come rewards and it allows you to build a wicked Camaro.

• Like 1

Finally got around to picking up another RC plane. Still haven't flown one as the last one arrived as a badly damaged return from Amazon. This time I went to my local hobby shop and pick up this one: https://www.horizonhobby.com/product/aeroscout-s-2-1.1m-rtf-with-safe/HBZ38000.html

WHile there I met a guy that does training and got his contact info. @Kevin i'm wondering how valuable this instruction is and what I should be expecting to pay for his services. He said he would set it up and get me in the air and flying. This is also the plane he recommended, which is why I chose this one as I was going to buy the Aeroscout Mini (again).

Either way, looking forward to smoking the ground at a high rate of speed!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Disney said:

Finally got around to picking up another RC plane. Still haven't flown one as the last one arrived as a badly damaged return from Amazon. This time I went to my local hobby shop and pick up this one: https://www.horizonhobby.com/product/aeroscout-s-2-1.1m-rtf-with-safe/HBZ38000.html

WHile there I met a guy that does training and got his contact info. @Kevin i'm wondering how valuable this instruction is and what I should be expecting to pay for his services. He said he would set it up and get me in the air and flying. This is also the plane he recommended, which is why I chose this one as I was going to buy the Aeroscout Mini (again).

If you can come over to our flying field, I will train you for free plus taxes and fees.  🙂   Actually, most people in a local AMA club will gladly train you for free.  It's a goodwill gesture that hopefully you will pass on to the next guy/gal who wants to learn.  Seriously, if the guy charges money for this, you can skip him and I will do it for free.  Let me know.

I forgot to say.  There is a guy in our club who has one of those Aeroscouts.  He has crashed the total crap out of it more than once and it still flies.

Edited by Kevin
  • Like 1

On 7/5/2022 at 1:03 PM, Disney said:

That’s awesome. I bought a drone last year and failed miserably. My maintenance manager at the time was not pleased as he was in the flight path and had to dive for cover. And then there is the time I flew it directly into my neighbors house. 

On 7/6/2022 at 12:01 PM, Kevin said:

If you can come over to our flying field, I will train you for free plus taxes and fees.  🙂   Actually, most people in a local AMA club will gladly train you for free.  It's a goodwill gesture that hopefully you will pass on to the next guy/gal who wants to learn.  Seriously, if the guy charges money for this, you can skip him and I will do it for free.  Let me know.

I forgot to say.  There is a guy in our club who has one of those Aeroscouts.  He has crashed the total crap out of it more than once and it still flies.

Which begs the question: where is your flying field?

Ended up in Nashville to take the girl to the zoo and for Southeastern Truck Nationals. My original plan was to go to SETN early and then the zoo. Ended up going to the zoo first and got to SETN 20 minutes before it closed. All the vendors were closed up and all but about 150 trucks had gone and left. But, at least my girls got what they wanted and I was able to get a T-shirt. 

• Like 2

Realized this weekend my Mercedes has been off the road for one year due to a driveline failure (flex disk). Been slowly working on converting from automatic to manual, but my previous work (getting home at 6-7pm) and the weather has not played in to getting it completed. Finally bit the bullet and started working on it yesterday in 100 degree heat with a fan blowing under the car. A simple 45 minute job wound up being 3 hours and a shitload of cool downs. Time to think of another game plan….