Returning Old Heads

You must have cool neighbors.  I remember my friend Ricky brought his 'Cuda over and fired it up on the trailer years ago.  The neighbor across the street apparently didn't care for open exhaust, so he came over and raised cane with my dad and threatened the cops on us.  When we first moved here, I used to take the Shelby Charger for a spin around the block.  When I got on my street, I'd hammer down on it and blaze the tires off in 2nd gear.  I drove by my neighbor's house and he was out in the front yard pointing at me with an angry look on his face.  I put the car in the basement and 3 minutes later, a Hickman County Sheriff's deputy drove by slow looking at our house.  😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I used to work on my cars in my Granny's shop.  Her only neighbor was a farmer who owned all the land around and thought he owned the road.   Two stories.  First, I was tested my "tuning" several times in a 30 minute period, then washed the car.   While washing, a deputy pulled up and said he'd had a report of me speeding.  He was kinda laid back, I was too. I asked how fast could I take off, he said I couldn't spin tires.  I said "so I could pop a wheelie if I didn't spin tires"?   He looked puzzled, thought a second, and said "I've never heard of a car popping a wheelie.  But if you did, I think that would be reckless driving".

Second, said farmer caught a 67 Firebird blasting down the same road and he drove his Ford car about 50 mph across the grassy field attempting to cut off the FIrebird.  He didn't, so he followed the Firebird into my Granny's shop area.   He flew out of his car and stomped toward the FIrebird expecting to find me.  Instead it was my buddy who was about 50 pounds bigger than me and had a big bunch of red hair on his head.   That farmer sure changed his demeanor.  lol

Well, a third story?   My goofy uncle heard about that the next day and took his 4 speed corvette and left posi marks in front of the farmer's house and the farmer's two sons' houses.   It was like kicking a hornets nest!   Had Granny in the driveway making a line in the gravel saying "Cross that line!".   Farmer laid hands on me, but we were in between two cars that I owned and had painted, so I resisted the urge to brawl.

• Haha 1

I forgot about the woman who lived behind my parents' house in Murfreesboro.  My cousin was over and we went to a little cruise-in they had on the square.  Apparently, when we left and drove by her house, I was "driving too fast" with my "loud" truck.  Yeah, I would put it in 2nd gear so I could hear the exhaust, but we weren't going too fast.  In fact, I had slowed down when I saw her pre-teen daughters sitting on the curb.  When we arrived back to the house, my cousin went in the house and I stayed out cleaning the bugs off the grill and wiping it down.  As I was doing so, Mrs. T. came up behind me going beserk about speed, noise, and something my cousin supposedly said to the girls as we were driving by.  I told her I didn't hear him say anything to them other than "hello" and the take the exhaust noise up with Chrysler Corporation.  She proceeded to try to slam her fist on the hood of my truck.  I actually reacted fast enough to catch her wrist.  I looked at her and told her to never touch my truck.  Dad heard the commotion and came outside.  It took mom coming outside to back the woman down.  Mom told her to never come back in our yard or she'd call the police.  I don't think they ever talked to her again.

Honestly thought the site was dead and done but low and behold a curiosity led me back down the rabbit hole....

Great to see all of my gearhead friends back in one place and not so much riffraff like times before.

only thing really new for me is just getting older as we all have lol.

Current rides a 2020 Traverse thats been rather surprising in a lot of ways

• Like 4

It sucks GoDaddy hosed the old site.

Long story short. I couldn't update the forum because the hosting account did not support the new version of the forum software. GoDaddy wouldn't update the old hosting plan to the new stuff. So when I got a new hosting account so we could update, paid Godaddy to move and upgrade us, something went wrong and hosed the forum. I tried to get them to fix whatever they did (I even tried to restore it back on the old hosting plan), they basically half-way tried and then said good luck.

I tried to recover it, but it was too far gone to save. I had to start from brand new, which sucks because we lost a lot of history I was trying to hard to preserve.

So, here we are. Fresh install. I dumped GoDaddy. We now host with IPB, so updates are no problem as they handle the background work.

I hope one day people give up on facebook and come back to the forums, but I'm not holding my breath. lol 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Family is growing. Daughter will be 4 in July and my wife just gave birth to twin boys 2 months ago. 

Sold the 408 and gt55 out of the nova. Building an aluminum 365 and twin s369s. It'll be awhile now. Pretty busy with these twins. 

Work has been different too. Left the job shop last May and worked at a local factory for 4 months. Made a ton of money but I work 82 of my first 90 days. Once I found out about the twins I had to leave. Got a job doing die maintenance. I work on the die casts for all the fwd transmissions in North America. I work 3 12s on the weekend. Wife gets help from the in laws on the weekend while I am gone and I can help the other 4. Works out good right now. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok, well I know I haven't been around for a long time.

I sold the 4th gen build, and now I have a third gen Camaro.

Also my daughter is 5 years old, and my son is 2.5 years old. Both have said they want their own Camaro's when they can drive.

Camaro.jpg

• Like 2