Cream Corn

RaceAll

It is still surreal, but after 25 years, my Nova is back together and driveable.  I still have a few bugs to work out, a few more things to by, and some bodywork and paint, but it is back together.  I feel like I’m 16 again.  It’s a dream come true.

This car was my first car.  It was bought, new, by my great-grandmother from Wilson Chevrolet on Broadway in Paducah.  When she turned 90, her insurance doubled and she didn’t want to pay it, so she gave me the car.  My grandfather used to drive us to church in the car.  I wrecked it in 98.  After periodically working on it, over the years, I finally came to the conclusion that I could not get it back together.  I called a buddy who had recently went into business for himself to contract him to put it together.  When I asked him about money, his reply was, “Man, you’re like my brother and you’re closer than my actual family.  I can’t charge you.”  I can’t thank him enough!IMG_8983.thumb.jpeg.9efb6a8d81e6526ac5743a7e1e74ac18.jpeg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Last Saturday, my little girl (now 6yo) spent the night with my mom.  The look on her face when I picked her up for church, in it, and riding around with her are all I care about with it.  As long as it sounds good and the family can get in it to go get ice cream or pizza is enough for me.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RaceAll said:

Last Saturday, my little girl (now 6yo) spent the night with my mom.  The look on her face when I picked her up for church, in it, and riding around with her are all I care about with it.  As long as it sounds good and the family can get in it to go get ice cream or pizza is enough for me.

My daughter likes my Camaro SS (I guess the looks of it?), but she doesn't like riding in it because it's so loud. 

Don't mind her hair and the onesie, she just woke up. lol 

She wanted to "go see the Camaro" but once I started the car she wanted out, and then said she liked the Tesla better. 🤣

IMG_4063.thumb.jpeg.f01418554dd281ea0081ec22700275af.jpeg

• Like 2

On 11/20/2023 at 9:46 AM, JohnC said:

My daughter likes my Camaro SS (I guess the looks of it?), but she doesn't like riding in it because it's so loud. 

Don't mind her hair and the onesie, she just woke up. lol 

She wanted to "go see the Camaro" but once I started the car she wanted out, and then said she liked the Tesla better. 🤣

IMG_4063.thumb.jpeg.f01418554dd281ea0081ec22700275af.jpeg

You daughter likes the looks of your Camaro because she's never seen a GTO. 

On 11/22/2023 at 9:42 AM, JohnC said:

Chloe is a girly girl, so I had a feeling the car looking cool would be negated by too loud. Lol 

Mags is really girly, too, which is another reason why I was surprised.

Here is the car with my granddad’s truck.  It was his mom that gave me the car.  We lost Hinepa a year ago.  Also, my wife and daughter had this keychain made for me.

IMG_9036.jpeg

IMG_9023.jpeg

• Like 2