I'm so old that______

Ashley P

I’m so old I remember when we stood and recited the “pledge of allegiance to the Flag” every morning in school. 

I’m so old that I remember when history class was not anti-American and you’d get your butt kicked for being a communist. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Disney said:

I used to have to know how to read a map to get to where I was going.

I used to read the map anytime our family went on trips back then. My dad used to buy 1 every year at Walmart 

• Like 2

....I can remember walking across the yard with my dad and him stopping, and saying "Listen.  Do you hear that?  That's a DC-3.  Where is it?"  And we'd look a few seconds 'till we found it. 

Been a WHILE since I've heard a DC-3.

Talk about being old an remembering made me wonder.  How far back can you remember?  I can remember things from when I was 2 years old.  Dad and mom always said I was just remembering what they told me.  Well, my brother, dad, and I went to Lexington, KY for a basketball game 6 or 7 years ago.  Dad wanted to find the old apartment we lived in, which wasn't too far from Rupp Arena.  Dad found a row of apartments and thought that was it.  I told him it wasn't.  He looked at me like I was silly and said, "How would you know?  You were 2 years old when we lived here."  He did realize they weren't the apartments.  We drove a little further and I said, "That's it right there."  It blew his mind when he realized I was right.  Dad now believes that I can remember that far back in my life.

• Like 2

I can remember back to when I was about 42" tall.    When I was a child, my dad put a miniature basketball rim on the side of the garage/shop.  I remember it being about head high.  Mom was tearing down that old shop about 10 years ago and I searched and found a piece of that rim still attached.  It was waist high.

Kevin, 4 years ago I lost a brother who was 3.75 years younger than I.  He had a memory like yours.  He used to tell me things that I should have remembered.  Memory is a gift to pass treasures on to the next generation.