Corvette (C6) Z06

Kevin

I've never been a Corvette guy, but in the last few months, I've kinda been wanting a C6 Z06.  They built them starting in 2006 through the end of the generation in 2013.  From what I read, they didn't change much except for minor stuff over the run.  They all came with the 505 horsepower LS7 (427) and a Tremec TR-6060 6 speed.  I believe you could turn all of the computer nannies completely off and it would become a scary beast.  I understand some of them had cooling issues, but the big 427 is very reliable even when beating on it.  Being that it is an LS V8, you can do all of the bolt ons and make 500 + horsepower at the rear wheels.  In my opinion, the C6 is arguably amongst the best looking Corvette and the last true Corvette.  I loved the C5 when they hit the streets, but the body work of the C6 ruined the C5 for me.  I never loved the C7 and I'm in the minority who doesn't give a flip about the C8.  I like C4 Vettes better than the last two generations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Corvette_(C6)#Z06

Last year, when I could probably have profited $12,000-$15,000 on my Challenger, I thought maybe I could add $20,000 to the sale of my car and buy a 5th generation Viper.   So, I started researching them and checking prices.  After 2 minutes and to my utter disbelief, there is no longer such thing as a $75,000 5th generation Dodge Viper.  They are now over $125,000.  In the mean time, I happened on a Z06 video which reacquainted me with them and told me things I didn't realize about the cars.  I'd still raher have the Viper, but you can make the Z06 outperform one for much less cash.  They are probably more comfortable and streetable than the Viper.  You could probably have picked up a Z06 for $25,000 just a couple years ago.  Nice examples seem to start around $40k and go up to $90k as they get newer.  I might even be able to sell the Challenger, buy a Z06, and deposit the difference into my savings account.

I saw this Atomic Orange (rare color) in Dickson the other night.  It looked like it was manufactured yesterday.  I could not find the first flaw.  I didn't even see one rock chip.  I am in love with this car.

147262169_C6Z06.thumb.jpg.304321171caa415cf1e737e64086c432.jpg1581041379_C6Z06Rear.thumb.jpg.2feda1b03a93a414761e9c1b7b0c8183.jpg

• Like 1

I must be getting old because I also have been wanting a Vette. 🙂

There is a C7 same color on youtube that goes by Detoxx I used to follow when he was D1X ProCharged....

https://www.youtube.com/user/detoxx03/videos?view=0&sort=dd&flow=grid

Easy to make good power with these cars...

See the videos of C6 ZO6's on RPM...

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=race+proven+motorsports+c6+z06+

I'll post more later....

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2022 at 4:37 PM, JohnC said:

I must be getting old because I also have been wanting a Vette. 🙂

There is a C7 same color on youtube that goes by Detoxx I used to follow when he was D1X ProCharged....

https://www.youtube.com/user/detoxx03/videos?view=0&sort=dd&flow=grid

Easy to make good power with these cars...

See the videos of C6 ZO6's on RPM...

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=race+proven+motorsports+c6+z06+

I'll post more later....

Old? Dah fk you mean old.😐  Love my C6 (if) I ever get it back. (Oh the story got even better). 3rd short block finally built and hoping it gets on the engine dyno in a few weeks.

C6 is the corvette sweet spot IMO and you cant go wrong with a Z06. Make sure the heads have been fixed on older ones, I think pre- 2011. IMO one of the last analog vettes, best looking and very daily drivable, even modded. C7's are small inside where I have ample room in the C6.

Seriously, do all you can to avoid the old guys who value NOT driving their cars. I sh*t you not they brag about how many miles they don't have on them. Congratulations! You saved all the fun for the next owner.

I expect a major market correction for cars by 1st quarter of next year. Already some Porsche's are not selling on BAT and once the factories start cranking out cars again, including vettes, the prices will drop like a rock.

I really like the looks of the C7 best in the front engine late model vetts.

I wouldn't turn down the right deal on a C6 ZO6 though.

I'm going to keep my eyes open.

A clean low mile example of a C7 ZO6 or a C6 ZO6 for a decent price and I might go for it.

Other choice is a 6th gen ZL1 1LE.