Gov mandated speed limiters

Ashley P

10 hours ago, Kevin said:

I'd rather them force truckers to install a right lane only limiter.

Truckers aren't as bad as "4 wheelers".   

Truckers main problem with passing is the speed limiter, from what I've been told.   Get two trucks limited to 70 mph, but one is 69.5.  It takes a LONG time to pass.dn 

And when big gov forces governors on trucks, why not on passenger vehicles?

• Like 1

18 wheelers are far worse than "4 wheelers" in my experience.  Truckers are terrible between my house and Nashville.  They see you coming and flop their truck out in front of you slowing you down 15 mph.  Then, they have the slowest uphill drag race next to another truck for miles.  If you know you are speed limited, why would you do that?  Also, they park on the shoulder. blatantly ignoring the no parking signs, of on-ramps causing a dangerous situation, especially when parked at the end of the ramp.  If someone won't get over to let you merge, there's a truck on the shoulder and you have nowhere to go.

• Like 2

Well, I guess there are plenty of left lane hogs of all wheel numbers.  I used to travel with my father in law,  following behind him.    But he was a prime example of speed limited passing.   If his cruise control was .000001 mph faster he'd pull out to pass....and not bother to speed up a little to get it over with. 

Back to mandated speed limiters, how long before they're on passenger cars?   Same logic:  safety and efficiency.

After coming through a study about AEB from AAA today I thought of something. In their conclusions and recommendations, they didn't ever mention maybe trying to pay more attention. Instead they ask why auto mfg's aren't working harder to get cars to where they will detect any car in any situation and avoid the crash. Made me think, if we could somehow figure out a way to keep cell phones out of the cabin, and gadgets off the screen then with all the new safety features and attentive driver's we'd have 200x fewer accidents. 

My next great invention: Create a "key" that will require your phone to plugged in the trunk. You'll arrive with a charged phone and your hands and eyes will be free to drive!

• Like 1

On 10/24/2022 at 9:34 PM, Disney said:

After coming through a study about AEB from AAA today I thought of something. In their conclusions and recommendations, they didn't ever mention maybe trying to pay more attention. Instead they ask why auto mfg's aren't working harder to get cars to where they will detect any car in any situation and avoid the crash. Made me think, if we could somehow figure out a way to keep cell phones out of the cabin, and gadgets off the screen then with all the new safety features and attentive driver's we'd have 200x fewer accidents. 

My next great invention: Create a "key" that will require your phone to plugged in the trunk. You'll arrive with a charged phone and your hands and eyes will be free to drive!

How am i going to watch my shows if my phone is in the trunk?

• Like 1