Need some Euro stuff

jamtoy

I live in Maryville TN so the dragon is only about 20 minutes away. Finally got the SLK55 down here and have been on it several times with the Z4. This luxury is short lived as I took a position in Forsyth Georgia and will be moving again. A t least I'm still only 3.5- 4hrs hrs away. Not to mention I plan on doing some HPD days at Road Atlanta after going to the BMW training school later this fall.

Z40i-1.jpg

Z40i-3.jpg

slkdragon.jpg

slkdragon2.jpg

slkdragon3.jpg

slkdragon.jpg

slkdragon2.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

The AMG is a 15’ SLK55. Last year for the naturally aspirated hand built V8 from AMG. It’s a hens tooth in the AMG world. Has the p30 performance package and every option offered that year. Sticker was 88k. 

It’s a great experience, little bottom end but pulls like a freight train up high. Dads toy. Mostly outs around in it😬

They are 12.1 compression from the factory. No boost for me. Actually taking it to Georgia this week just because. It’s a great road car. Until I find a place I’ve been driving from Maryville TN to Macon GA every Monday and home on Friday. 

Atlanta sucks huge scrotal sack. 

• Like 2

On 7/3/2022 at 6:53 PM, jamtoy said:

They are 12.1 compression from the factory. No boost for me. Actually taking it to Georgia this week just because. It’s a great road car. Until I find a place I’ve been driving from Maryville TN to Macon GA every Monday and home on Friday. 

Atlanta sucks huge scrotal sack. 

It amazes me how high they can go nowadays on CR.

Like bikes, I see 13:1 on the crotch rockets.

We're 10.5:1 on most cars and trucks now.

I guess the E10 helps?

Maybe the ECU just has a better strategy to make it work?

On 7/7/2022 at 11:00 AM, Ashley P said:

^ Variable cam timing on those engines?  That'd be the best way to have your compression "cake and eat it too".

Yep. It’s an impressive engine. Took it to my new job in Georgia last week. About 4 hours from home. Out Sunday night home Friday night.  
little sucker loves 100-120mph and cruises comfortably at those speeds. Very responsive.

I guess the handling is probably perception over reality. The m40 has to be better by the numbers. It was BMWs fastest car around the ring for a bit.

• 3 months later...

Now I’m in Georgia I went to silver dollar raceway in Reynolds’s. 1/4 mile.

Made several passes. 1st was best and night cooled track off quickly. 

12.46 @ 118mph. 60ft was 2.2. It’s usually does 1.7’s.

My take away is car is still faster than I expected and makes a hell of a lot more hp than claimed. Was not expecting 118. Easily an 11sec car with a tire. 

• Like 2