How to lose an election.

jamtoy

Raid the home of the most favored President to exist in the modern era. 

morons. Look the deep state has to take him out now. They won’t. He will run and win. 

fascist commies deeply embedded are panicking. 

I know these libtards are dumb but damn!

• Like 1

The problem is we have fascist commies on the R side of the aisle too.  They don't want the gravy train to end either.  If they'd have taken care of the election and not allowed mail n voting, we wouldn't be dealing with this idiotic regime in the white house.  They let the steal happen because they wanted Trump gone almost as bad as the left did.  I'm not too confident that the red wave is going to happen. We won't ever have fair elections again until we all have to register to vote yearly.

• Like 1

Guys, I'll rant right with you.   But....

...I've looked into "confirmation bias" and I've read articles and watched Youtube vids and read the comments there.   There are people "on the left" who are so deep into "their side of the story" that they say THE EXACT SAME THINGS that I would say about "them" (they're stupid, can't think, wouldn't change their mind with ANY info, ect).  Confirmation bias affects "leftists" and "rightists" equally.

To that end, I must constantly check MY ideas.   

We can (and should) talk about election fairness, BUT, how can people who are neck deep in their bias be reached??  If they can be reached, then they'd vote WITH us, demand fair elections WITH us, protect boarders WITH us, uphold the Constitution WITH us.  Ect.

The more I ponder on the divisions in this country (like "black" "Christian" voters who voted 90% for BIden, and "white" "evangelical" voters 90% for Trump) I wonder if it's a Spiritual thing like the "delusions" God put into the heads of various Kings in the Old Testament.  Maybe the USofA is being torn apart to set up the "end times".  IF so, then no efforts will fix the divisions.

• Like 1

I see what you are saying with some people on the confirmation bias.  For me, it has nothing to do with it.  I see things as right vs. wrong.  In fact, I see both sides for what they are.  What the left stands for is exactly against what is right.  When they clamor for evil and against Christians, they are wrong in my eyes.  Now, for the Republicans, they aren't with me either.  Most of them are just as bad as the leftists.  They are in disguise.  They make claims and either don't follow through or they secretly push for the opposite.  I feel like they are the lesser of two evils because when congress votes, they typically vote the way I would.  The backroom deals are why they're evil.

I don't love Donald Trump.  Trump is a terrible person.  I don't like him.  I voted for him because he wasn't Clinton.  However, he was doing what I wanted him to do with policy.  All the extra stuff (Twitter) made him look foolish.  He may be corrupt and I'm convinced his is a narcissist.  I would probably not like him in person.  I'd probably not vote for him in the Republican primary (I didn't last time - I voted Carson), but I'd vote for him against any democrat.

As for "Christians" who vote democrat, I just don't understand it.  That party is totally against Christian thought and you're voting for them?  Nevermind the extra taxation and spending they do while stifling the economy.  In my lifetime, I've never known them to make things better.  Knowing the history of the democrat party, I'm still amazed black people vote for them.  They have been very successful convincing black people that they are for them.  I know black people who think exactly like I do, but they will pull all the D levers in the voting booth.

19 minutes ago, Kevin said:

I know black people who think exactly like I do, but they will pull all the D levers in the voting booth.

Do you know them well enough to ask them about the logic behind that vote?    I don't, so I can't get an idea if this video is correct.

I asked a black friend of mine why they vote that way.  He doesn't.  It infuriates him that he is the only conservative voter in his family.  He told me that there is no logic behind it.  His friends and family all believe the propaganda that republicans/conservatives are all racist and have been for years.  They believe every thing the democrats say and don't check up on it.  He also said that they believe white Christians are lying about democrats being for abortion and homosexuality.

I vote for ideas, not person. People are flawed, but a flawed person can have ideas that benefit. The left has an understanding that government fixes all ill’s. The right believes government is the natural anti-liberty entity. 

I vote based on liberty. Not perception that fairness is a liberty dictated by government. 

I generally agree with those claims, Mr Jam.   But I've explained to my kids that "the media" paints the picture that there are two sides, a "left" and "right" at election time.  The picture is like two tug-of-war teams pulling against each other.   The reality is that the tug rope is very unraveled, with strands pointing in almost every direction, and each "team" has some pull in lots of directions.   That's because voters are people, with flaws and priorities that differ.

Jammer, I like to challenge leftists' ideas.   But I challenge my own and those I agree with.  In that spirit, when you claim Trump is:

On 8/10/2022 at 5:36 PM, jamtoy said:

the most favored President to exist in the modern era

....ya need to be able to prove that.  The "other side" would say "most hated".   And they'll look at each other and laugh at you.  And you and I can roll our eyes and laugh at them.  But, that won't break the biases of "either side".    HOW do we?  (Believe me, I want to know. I've tried forcing open a leftists' skull and forcing facts into it, it hasn't worked.)

I watched that video and it has a very left leaning stance.  He may be right about how black people see both parties, but I can see a couple blatant lies he told.  First, the democrats were not responsible for the Civil Rights Act of 1964.  When congress voted on it, nearly 100% of republicans voted for it and over half of democrats voted against it.  Lyndon Johnson signed it because he was convinced it would wrap up the black vote for them.  He didn't want to because he was plenty racist.  You won't find any of that on Google.  Phil Valentine researched it in the Library of Congress and outlined it in his book.  Second, he perpetuates the myth of the parties flipping on racial issues.  Republicans were responsible for blacks having rights.  None of them went to the democrat party.  A few democrats fled to the republican party.  The majority of the racists stayed put.  They have been successful at deflecting the responsibility of Jim Crow racism off of the democrat party and onto southerners.  They've tried to deflect it onto republicans and people are starting to believe that garbage.  As for me asking my friend to watch this video, I will not.  I feel it is dishonest in many ways and I don't believe in the overall message.

Edited by Kevin

• 2 months later...