Random Thought Thread v2.0

JohnC

21 hours ago, Disney said:

Didn't @JohnC spend a lot of words telling you this would happen and to get a bigger bike?

I do not regret buying my current motorcycle.  If I had to do it over, I would buy it again.  It has been a great bike to learn on.  I'd recommend a light, low horsepower motorcycle that you can flat foot to anybody who is a beginner.  It's actually pretty capable and I really don't need anything better.  My issue with it is the high rpms on the highway.  It can do 80 mph, but it isn't fun going too much over 55mph due to the buzzy engine and vibrations.

@Kevin

Have you looked at big-boy adventure bikes?

I think at the end of the day, it will check off all the boxes and be a final buy as it will satisfy all the itches.

https://powersports.honda.com/motorcycle/adventure/africa-twin

https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/en/motorcycles/pan-america-1250.html

https://pop.yamahamotorsports.com/adventure-touring/models/super-tenere-es

Rich-Guy Adventure bike: https://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/en/models/adventure/r1250gsadventure.html

I think those bikes are just too big.  I wouldn't mind an Africa Twin.  My riding buddy's Africa Twin didn't seem as heavy as I'd heard they were.  I might check into used Africa Twins because I just don't want to spend $17,000 on a bike.  I saw a Super Tenere this past Friday and they look huge like a GS 1250.  The H-D Dirt Glide is expensive and I've heard they are unreliable.

I was riding my Versys-x 300 yesterday and it hit me that it does exactly what I need it to do.  I am not going to hit hard trails with a motorcycle.  I might eventually end up with a dual sport, but the little Kawasaki is adequate.  I think I let a moment of bike envy make me think I needed something more capable.

Now, I did look at a Suzuki DR 650 Friday.  They had a little H-D Sportster 48.  That's a really good looking bike.  I might be tempted to pick up a Sportster 1200.  I've always liked the looks of Harley-Davidsons and thought I would enjoy one.  Again, I don't want a huge bagger.  I'd rather have more nimble bike.  Either way, I'm going to hang onto my Kawasaki.

Edited by Kevin
  • Like 1

What do you think about this motorcycle?  It's a 2004 Harley-Davidson Sportster 883.  It has 21,000 miles on the frame.  The engine is a 2012 Sportster 1200 Evo with a big bore kit.  He said it is now a 1250.  It has new tires, paint, and forward controls.  The exhaust is a Basani two into one.  He also has a solo seat, sissy bars, a set of straight pipes, and other misc parts that go with it.  I rode it and it runs great.  It's quick for a Sportster and sounds pretty rowdy.  He is asking $4000 down from $6000.  He sounds negotiable.  I really liked it.IMG_4952.thumb.jpeg.3d086456f91cb0eed2e502e4570e5a1d.jpegIMG_4951.thumb.jpeg.9b70346c8d294ae0c1d107867ff48915.jpeg

Edited by Kevin
  • Like 1

I like super sport bikes and MX bikes.

I ride a HD Fatboy because I'm getting too old for those other bikes. I need more comfort is all. 

I would consider the Africa Twin or HD Adventure bike if I wanted a dual sport type bike because they do it all, have power and still ride good.

I've not heard the HD's are unreliable.

I've had zero issues from my M8 114. 

I have committed to buying this bike.  I am planning to pick it up Saturday.  It is a 2007 H-D Sportster 1200 Low with just over 10,000 miles.  It is very clean and mostly stock.  It has Screaming Eagle slip on pipes, mini ape bars, all LED lighting, and a spoked rear wheel.  I don't think the mirrors are stock.  He bought it from the original owner in June 2023.  He said he doesn't have time to ride, no one to ride with, and storage isn't ideal.  It runs and rides great.  I liked the bars better than I thought I would.  He has receipts from the bar install and full service from Boswell's H-D.  Inluced is an easy release sissy bar, a nice leather riding jacket, and a couple nice helmets.  I really liked the guy and we have a mutual friend who says he's a great guy.H-DSportsterLow.thumb.jpg.a73ee7c97a865aa4b9bdb399756cd59e.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Kevin said:

I have committed to buying this bike.  I am planning to pick it up Saturday.  It is a 2007 H-D Sportster 1200 Low with just over 10,000 miles.  It is very clean and mostly stock.  It has Screaming Eagle slip on pipes, mini ape bars, all LED lighting, and a spoked rear wheel.  I don't think the mirrors are stock.  He bought it from the original owner in June 2023.  He said he doesn't have time to ride, no one to ride with, and storage isn't ideal.  It runs and rides great.  I liked the bars better than I thought I would.  He has receipts from the bar install and full service from Boswell's H-D.  Inluced is an easy release sissy bar, a nice leather riding jacket, and a couple nice helmets.  I really liked the guy and we have a mutual friend who says he's a great guy.H-DSportsterLow.thumb.jpg.a73ee7c97a865aa4b9bdb399756cd59e.jpg

Nice bike, Pate!

I'm cool with a group ride if you come down here to TN! 

Just let me know.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/20/2023 at 9:12 PM, RaceAll said:

I looked at my Facebook, earlier this evening, and found that a Nova group, that I’m a member of, chose Cream Corn as the cover photo.  May not be much, but I thought it was cool.

IMG_9124.png

Very cool.

I'll be driving my Camaro SS more this coming summer. Invites to meetups and drag racing at the track are welcome.

I'm done working my life away. I'm about to take a new position hopefully that will give me nights and weekends off.

I just got to get those hood vents installed so maybe the car will stay cool with AC on idling in traffic.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@Ashley P Haters gonna hate. Trucks are the benchmark, not high end sports cars, btw. 😉 

But you like to argue stuff, so here goes some points to consider....

No other production truck does what the Tesla Cybertruck can do.

Cybertruck out-pulled a F350 Diesel, and it's faster than the Raptor R and Ram TRX.

A flat 11sec 1/4 mile is awesome for a heavy crew cab 4x4 truck! 

Raptor R does the quarter-mile in 12.0 at 112 mph. https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a42096327/2023-ford-f-150-raptor-r-acceleration-performance-tested/

TRX does the quarter-mile in 12.7 seconds at 106.3 mph. https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2021-ram-1500-trx-first-test-review/

So Cybertruck when compared to production trucks is the best choice, except in looks. lol 

Like to argue????   I do not!    😄 lol 

Even the video maker said the Tesla is doing awesome work. I agree; it's powerful and impressive.

But why the false advertising?   They are misleading on the drag strip test, and I didn't believe the pulling test when I saw it....but I haven't seen a breakdown of that vid to prove/disprove their claims.