Random Thought Thread v2.0

JohnC

^ I agree.   "Mag dump" was...hyperbole.   But I've watched several videos were LEOs had knowledge that they were about to confront a gunman and they show up with a pistol (85% of the time?) or the AR-15 (15%).  Too often that pistol shot(s) miss.   And miss.   And miss.   A shotgun would likely NOT miss.  

Example:

^ My first timing chain job on that engine was about last fall.   I put all cam phasers on it also.   Upon startup, codes for cam timing were generated.  I cleared them.   A little later, they were back.   That's a bad feeling.   So bad, that I drove that truck like 4 times over a day to make sure it would run right and the codes wouldn't come back.   Then I gave it to the customer.

About two weeks later I'm paged for the phone, that guy is calling.   Man, a HUGE sinking feeling.   He said "I'm just calling to let you know that truck ......(me bracing myself)....... has never run so good, thanks for fixing it!"

I almost passed out. lol

Edited by Ashley P

6 hours ago, JohnC said:

Better! 

5.3L?

Can't beat a LSx!

Only thing better is a Tesla :classic_tongue:

It is a 5.3. slow and sluggish! EV is not for me. Charge times are just too long. I want to know i can go at a moments notice.

I don't have anything against them, just not for me. I live to far in the middle of nowhere

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We had never seen turkeys here until....some years ago....maybe 4?   Now in the very back of the fields they are everywhere.   My oldest is 16 and got a turkey 2 years ago with a shotgun and me "helping" (attempting a slate call with one hand while the other hand plugged my left ear because  he was shooting out the side of the blind...holding the gun across my chest).

He got the one last year with the bow.

Both were during youth season which is about 3 weeks before adult season.  He says the birds respond to calls during youth season, but now it's like they don't care.