Random Thought Thread v2.0

JohnC

Finally got the Camaro SS off the 4 post and took it for a drive.

Battery was dead, so I had to jump it off.

I let it run at idle for a good while and shut it off to make sure the battery was good.

It dragged and did not start; battery didn't build a good charge.

So I jumped it off again and hit the road.

It ran like a turd! Hesitating, backfiring on deceleration, shifting like crap, etc.

No clue how it happened, but found the issue (I hope).

Sparkplug boot came off the coil pack.

With boost and cam, idle and light throttle you couldn't tell. But get on it and it felt like the engine was out of balance!

It was still spinning the tires with light throttle on drag radials though. LOL 

So TKR dyno said I made 781rwhp - 1 cylinder left me with a measly 683rwhp. 😜

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I was thinking this morning about how long we have before the death of the ICE muscle cars and performance cars in general.

Manufacturers like Dodge are abandoning ICE muscle cars and going electric....

Chevy rumors to be working on an electric Camaro.

Ford claims it's holding out for now on ICE Mustang, but will soon go E.

Should we veen keep our old ICE muscle cars?

Will they actually be desirable like the old muscle cars from the 60's and 70's? 

Resale value go up or down?

What do you guys think?

When I was little I was amazed by semi trucks.   Common trucks then were cab overs and common companies were Yellow and Roadway.   Yellow trucks had an "orangy" logo and seeing the word yellow with a background of orange messed me up for years.   A few years ago I wondered what happened to Yellow and google told me that Yellow merged with Roadway to become YRC trucking.

As of today they're bankrupt.  

https://yrc.com/about/

• Sad 1

Similar stuff here, me granddad had a Mack cabover he used for farming.   Not many other farmers had a semi back then.  My dad would drive for him some, and I'd tag along when able.  I can still smell that sleeper.....grain dust and diesel smoke.

Some years after he sold it I spotted it driving by the house.  Brown cab with stripes under the window turning upward on the sleeper.  70s man!

On 7/17/2023 at 5:09 AM, JohnC said:

Well, I was thinking this morning about how long we have before the death of the ICE muscle cars and performance cars in general.

Manufacturers like Dodge are abandoning ICE muscle cars and going electric....

Chevy rumors to be working on an electric Camaro.

Ford claims it's holding out for now on ICE Mustang, but will soon go E.

Should we veen keep our old ICE muscle cars?

Will they actually be desirable like the old muscle cars from the 60's and 70's? 

Resale value go up or down?

What do you guys think?

With that think Mad Max........even gas cars were "after" an apocalyptic event albeit you had all sorts of GASOLINE wars.

IMHO the whole EV fad is pissing into the wind.....the electrical grid can barely keep up to housing and businesses now...add in all these EV chargers and thats gonna be the Ampere that breaks the whole thing

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ashley P said:

^ Yet this weekend a solar rep offered me about 5 times more for my land than competitive farmers.  $2.2 million dollars to me over 30 years.   I smell a rat, a government subsidy rat.  And subsidized rats have a way of hanging around.

If I had a farm, no way I'd sell it.

I want at least 5 acres, but prices have gone up too much for me.

Would love to raise my own food. Cows, chickens, lamb, veggies.... 

• Like 1