Random Thought Thread v2.0

JohnC

Lapping helps to seal valves, and I've done it FOR MY OWN JUNK because it's not good enough for paying customers.   Valves should seat because their angle is a degree or so different than the angle of the seat.   Beware of loose guides causing bad sealing.

Can't see the vid.

Full auto?   Probably modified pistols?

10 hours ago, Ashley P said:

Lapping helps to seal valves, and I've done it FOR MY OWN JUNK because it's not good enough for paying customers.   Valves should seat because their angle is a degree or so different than the angle of the seat.   Beware of loose guides causing bad sealing.

Can't see the vid.

Full auto?   Probably modified pistols?

Can you see this one 

And you're right more than likely a modified pistol 

I can see.   It looks like a lot of leak from a very small area.   Pull that valve.   Look at seat and also spin valve in a drill (to see if it's bent).   Before removal, check the stem height - compare it to the others.  And don't forget to see how loose the guide is.

• Like 1

Ratoberfest, this weekend in Paducah KY.

I haven't been in a few years, not as family friendly as I'd like to take my family to.   I just watched a couple videos from the last two years and saw a truck I helped to wire up the LS swap, a truck that's blower motor I took home and rebrushed, and a coworkers drag car.

On 10/8/2022 at 11:52 PM, Disney said:

It's not a stretch to think if the criminal is willing to shoot a Police Dog, he's also willing to shoot a Police Man.

But the person running may not be willing to shoot until a dog starts ripping his leg apart. I'm not in defense of the criminal just don't agree with the use of dogs for this.

Stand off situations are different stories as well as other things. Just referring to this type of situation.

I'm trying to see "both sides".   I don't know all the details.   My main problem stems from what I do know, it appears that "the law" had the elements of surprise and numbers.   Why not drive up next to him and jump out and arrest/tase him?   I think that "the law" failed tactically, leading to what happened.