Random Thought Thread v2.0

JohnC

I was set on ordering a new Ford Lightening, but with the price increases, I just don't think it's worth buying now.

I'd have to get the extended battery for it be worth daily driving, but the base XLT is the minimum tier for that battery option, so a base of $81k with no upgrades!

Lariat base is $86k and platinum $97k base.

Lightening.thumb.jpg.84f9868272217fe4b8dee622b8a5dc15.jpg

Lightening_Extended.thumb.jpg.c5116961ad4c5440c094dce8f1912e45.jpg

I might as well buy a new Corvette or ZL1 at these prices!

IMO, a 4.30 gear is ONLY going to help if you have a very sticky tire.  And the "help" is not going to be very large as far as ET.  Converter (or, preferably, a man pedal 🙂 ) would help more.   More opinion:  you've got enough HP to move those 3.73 gears.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Disney said:

You have a converter in it yet? If not, i'd do that first.

It's got a 3600 and Andy Mayes did some upgrades to the transmission 

25 minutes ago, Ashley P said:

IMO, a 4.30 gear is ONLY going to help if you have a very sticky tire.  And the "help" is not going to be very large as far as ET.  Converter (or, preferably, a man pedal 🙂 ) would help more.   More opinion:  you've got enough HP to move those 3.73 gears.

I need more power 

• Like 1

On 8/8/2022 at 9:31 PM, Tino said:

Next is gears. I want to do a 4.30 gear. 

That should put me in the 7s down the 1/8

I'm running 9.0 on motor i haven't been to the track since I got the nitrous setup 

I put 4.30s in mine for towing. No converter and needs one but made a difference. 

my truck is heading to my son so if he keeps building it fine or the rust will eventually take it. Either way it served me well. 

probably **** himself when he has to fill up every couple days😄

• Like 1

This weekend I learned of yet another danger when operating a "bush hog" (tractor rotary mower):  bumble bees.  I learned they nest in the ground and don't like a tractor/mower and can quickly figure out the softest tissue to attack sits in the chair at the top of the machine.   Said tissue had a hard time finding road gear, lowering the loader, raising the bush hog, and turning off the PTO while using both hands to swat bees.  😮     

• Haha 1

Got the RC airplane all fixed up from it's maiden voyage. Went to a nearby soccer field/school to fly it. I think I got a good 20 minutes of flight time out of it on one charge. I did fly just a bit too long though as the battery died in air. Still able to land it safely though. I probably did at least 10 take offs and landings. Did some hand take offs as well. Had a great time and didn't break anything, so it was a resounding success. I want to fly it more on beginner mode before I try any of the more advanced settings. I need to get better with the controls and I think the plane needs some tuning on the servos. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Try not to get the lipo battery under 3.8 volts per cell.  Get a battery checker.  Also, store them at 3.8 volts per cell if you aren't going to use them for a couple weeks.

This?: https://www.horizonhobby.com/product/xbc100-smart-lipo-battery-checker-and-servo-driver/SPMXBC100.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjw3eeXBhD7ARIsAHjssr-oLrWlOG8lSKBvaEW7fsfMIKyDwyxOSe8d6Kb4OBN0bTC-ZFL9tksaAnk4EALw_wcB

I feel like I should get a second battery to extend my fly time. IS there any preference on that, or just get the same that came with it? https://www.horizonhobby.com/product/11.1v-2200mah-3s-30c-smart-g2-lipo-battery-ic3/SPMX223S30.html