Random Thought Thread v2.0

JohnC

That battery checker is much nicer than you really need.  I just use a cheapo like this.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/234322761284?hash=item368eb99644:g:SD4AAOSwMdFhr4EW&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAA4A9GjoEOlHAfGFr04RQP6fvoth5SjulQGKy9dlliV7EkBaJYPD%2Fhd1GKygrutRLtgSElSMYhaj4Tb%2FK2CLZIcw1L0TsJcRGcZoKZhodeG2qa0%2BRulJA74pjzIBV36WKwDrBfVuQygpJtCKu2sX3rQIxQu%2Fo5ThY4Br6rxhgge2m3eL7ulQgzriL5B3gdfZ6aafP8eRYPiLAbgy6vf%2F0KjqvsYAOEpnn8IP3DzJdPvizkyaONzPDQC9KFey6Z7AprFjdLMWiZh7yrbrNbgnkmFikHv9JIUKXPh2OjteGRp0ue|tkp%3ABFBMsOykutRg

The battery you have is probably a good one.  Is it the new "Smart" technology?  I don't have any of those because I'm a cheapskate.  I usually buy my lipo batteries from Hobby King when they're on sale.  You can also buy them for reasonable prices on Ebay, Amazon, etc.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Kevin said:

That battery checker is much nicer than you really need.  I just use a cheapo like this.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/234322761284?hash=item368eb99644:g:SD4AAOSwMdFhr4EW&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAA4A9GjoEOlHAfGFr04RQP6fvoth5SjulQGKy9dlliV7EkBaJYPD%2Fhd1GKygrutRLtgSElSMYhaj4Tb%2FK2CLZIcw1L0TsJcRGcZoKZhodeG2qa0%2BRulJA74pjzIBV36WKwDrBfVuQygpJtCKu2sX3rQIxQu%2Fo5ThY4Br6rxhgge2m3eL7ulQgzriL5B3gdfZ6aafP8eRYPiLAbgy6vf%2F0KjqvsYAOEpnn8IP3DzJdPvizkyaONzPDQC9KFey6Z7AprFjdLMWiZh7yrbrNbgnkmFikHv9JIUKXPh2OjteGRp0ue|tkp%3ABFBMsOykutRg

The battery you have is probably a good one.  Is it the new "Smart" technology?  I don't have any of those because I'm a cheapskate.  I usually buy my lipo batteries from Hobby King when they're on sale.  You can also buy them for reasonable prices on Ebay, Amazon, etc.

Is there one that can be used while flying so it reports back to a transmitter?

3 hours ago, Kevin said:

You will have to get a transmitter and receiver that do the telemetry in order to know lipo voltage in real time.  I know of no battery that would do that.  That checker I linked will beep at your set voltage.  

Went ahead with the one you linked. Got another link about how to wire it up or will that be self explanatory once I have it in my mitts?

Went flying again last night. Another successful outing. I did switch to intermediate mode for a bit to see what it would be like to have some more control. Immediately realized it doesn't return to center. I only flew a minute or so like that then returned to novice. Brought both girls out this time and let them "fly" it for a minute too. They loved it!

• Like 1

I am thinking about selling a car.  I have pretty much lost interest in 2.2 turbo Mopars and haven't done anything with my 1987 Shelby GLHS in forever.  I washed it yesterday evening and I'm planning to continue cleaning it up.  I have an interested buyer.  He'd a friend I met in 2005 at the SDAC convention in Cincy.  He is one I think would be a great caretaker of it.

I'm thinking about using the cash to build up the D150.  I was thinking about a late model 392 Hemi swap, but I think a built up 440 would be cooler.  I'll probably keep the 727 Torqueflite, but I might look into a manual swap.  It will need a rearend too.  Fuel injection and air conditioner are other things I'd like to do to it.

• Like 2

Co worker just bought a 2023 M4 Competition xDrive Coupe.

Already has lots of CF, R44 CAI and R44 Ti Exhaust... TT I6 engine with AWD.  Blue leather seats and all. It's close to a Nardo gray color, I think it's Brooklyn Gray. Black wheels.

I'll get pictures later.

But that car is super nice!

It had this stuff on it that I know of plus lots of carbon fiber:

https://www.r44performance.com/products/2021-bmw-g80-g82-m3-m4-competition-s58-cold-air-intake-system-bw-s5801?pr_prod_strat=description&pr_rec_id=dcbd442cd&pr_rec_pid=6647802789963&pr_ref_pid=6638372552779&pr_seq=uniform

https://www.r44performance.com/products/r44-g8x-m3-g80-m4-g82-race-exhaust-cat-back-system-in-titanium-carbon-tips

I watched this documentary a few years ago.  It was made by British fellas, I think.  And they happened to be there during the last serious flood.    It's pretty interesting to me.  I take Cairo as a city ruined not just by racism, but by all sorts of sins. 

• Like 1